As part of the Big Orange Media development team, you’ll help build, deploy and maintain an exciting range of client projects across a wide spectrum of industries.
You should be able to demonstrate an interest in keeping up with the latest tools, technologies and best practices. Good communication skills and an ability to work to deadlines are essential.
All candidates will be required to have the skills listed below and be able to perform those duties, working as part of the wider Big Orange Media team, performing ad hoc tasks as required by senior managers in service of the overall Big Orange Media mission.
- Creation of front-end build based on agreed designs.
- Development of WordPress based websites working closely with all members of the Digital and Creative teams.
- Deployment and migration of sites to a range of server environments.
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Optimisation of applications for maximum speed and performance.
- General administration and maintenance of client sites.
- Experience of developing custom themes for WordPress.
- Familiarity with tools such as the Adobe Suite and prototyping tools ie. Figma.
- Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that the application will adhere to them.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
Great responsibility from Day One – the opportunity to make a real difference
Flexible holiday (minimum 22 days)
A fun and engaging working environment
Social by name, social by nature… We like hanging out with each other when it’s not all about work and love us some organised (and not so organised) fun!
We are an equal opportunities employer and believe in the power of a diverse, inclusive team. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation