The largest third-party contract printer in the UK
Reach is the largest newspaper publisher in the UK, reaching over 45 million people every month across over 250 titles, and Reach Printing is their manufacturing arm that handles the print and distribution of publications nationally and internationally. Although Reach provided services for many large-scale clients such as Tesco and Argos, they wanted to appeal to a wider market and needed a strong advertising campaign to be run in national newspapers that reflected their passion for all things printing and their high-quality product and service.
We developed a series of strong, visually appealing adverts that emphasised the value of print advertising. Following the CMYK campaign theme, the series of adverts were designed for use across a number of different platforms and included a robust call to action.
The campaign was also designed as an email to go out to the client’s database, encouraging engagement and driving people to the website.
Subsequently, Reach invited us to create a new sub-brand, entitled ‘Print’s Charming’. This was a light-hearted campaign which celebrated the joy of print, delivered in different formats – in particular, in a card to be printed and sent to over 5,000 customers, and a motion graphic video be used across social platforms.
Following a highly successful print campaign, we were engaged to completely redesign and build the Reach Printing Services website.
We completely overhauled the site, creating new content and developing a UX that portrayed the business services and messaging in a concise manner. The site truly represented the modern take on print that Reach wanted to portray, cementing its relevance in an era increasingly defined by a digital presence.
- Development of a series of visually impactful adverts to run in print publications and digital platforms with a strong call-to-action
- Creation of several emails to be sent out to their existing database, that were visually appealing and encouraged users to click through and find out more
- Development of a new sub-brand which would be the foundations of their advertising going forward
- Creation of a character-led campaign featuring Print’s Charming, to reinforce the importance of print in today’s marketing mix, and to be distributed via a printed greetings card and digital platforms
- Creation of a motion graphic video featuring the Print’s Charming character – highlighting how print works alongside other marketing mediums and still has a hug place in today’s advertising world.
- Design and development of a brand new, fully responsive website that fully portrayed the importance and relevance of print. This included all content creation, photography, animation and video content.